Thanks for your interest in contributing to the zine!! Here is just about everything you need to know about this project.
Send all finished, print-ready work to email@example.com (that’s amb0rg with a zero!)
- Submissions are due NO LATER than August 31, 2012.
- This book is targeted to mature teens and adults. Nudity, cursing, and other adult themes are welcome as long as they are not too heavy-handed. If you have any specific questions about what is or isn’t allowed, drop me a note! Otherwise, trust your judgment!
- ALL finished work must be submitted in black and white, 300dpi, and be the correct size for a 7x10 book. Finished work should be submitted as a JPG but PSD files are acceptable as well. Here is a PRE-MADE TEMPLATE to use for your art so you don’t have to measure all that nasty junk like bleed/trim. Just keep your details inside the blue lines and you’ll be fine! If you open this in photoshop, make sure the view > show > guides option is checked so you can see the cyan guidelines! CTRL ; is the shortcut for that! Command ; if you’re usin’ a mac, I assume.
- We will accept several types of submissions for this book! Since it is a comic zine, we would love to have people do comics, but single-page illustrations are encouraged as well. Comics can be anywhere from 2-6 pages. Illustrations must be large enough to fill a single page, no 100x100 icons please; refer to template for size. You can fill the page with cool characters or pretend the illustration is a propaganda magazine insert, whatever! Be creative! Comic + illustration combos are ok too. If you have something in mind and wanna know if we’ll accept it, just note me!
- Artists have the option of writing/customizing their own bio for the back of the book. We’ll have about 3/4 artists per credit page & your bio can include links to your stuff and a cute image if you feel like drawing something for it! Otherwise we’ll just use our own default image, write your name & provide one or two links to portfolios/blogs/whatevers along with what page(s) in the book have your art on them. There isn’t any particular size/shape restriction, just keep in mind we may need to resize/crop images to fit them on the page. If we need to edit anything too much we will contact you first!
- As for the theme “punk” we accept a wide variety of interpretations. Everything from surf punk to steampunk, cyberpunk, glam punk to crust punk is welcome. You can even make something up! Dog punk? Sure! As long as it is cool and you drew it, we’ll take it! If you still have questions feel free to contact me and I’ll do my best to give you a definitive answer.
- Here’s the cool part! Compensation. We will be printing this book to sell online and at conventions, but we are not interested in keeping the money all to ourselves. This project is all about the contributing artists, and we want everyone to have the chance to get paid for their work! It completely depends on how well our sales/donations are, but all contributing artists are entitled to an equal cut of whatever profit we make after printing/shipping/production costs. The easiest way for us to distribute your hard-earned funds is through paypal but if for some reason you absolutely cannot make that work, contact us and we can work something out with you! I can’t even begin to project an estimate on how well we’ll do, so I’ll keep everyone updated on this.
- By submitting artwork to this zine you grant us permission to print your art in the book and sell it at conventions. You will retain 100% of the rights to your work. You are free to reproduce your own artwork in any way you choose in the future. If at any time you wish to revoke our privilege to print your work, notify us ASAP and we will remove your work from the file immediately.
- Every contributing artist will earn their own copy of the book physically mailed to them plus the PDF file digitally mailed to them! Bear in mind these may take a while to mail out, but you’ll get them asap! Any artists wanting extra copies will need to purchase them through the indiegogo fundraiser which will be up & running at the beginning of July.
If you’re curious about something I haven’t covered or would just like me to go into more detail about something, send me a note and I’ll get back to you asap!